Country clubs are a traditional gathering place for those who enjoy playing, practicing, and watching golf. However, the perks of becoming a member of a full service country club are far more extensive than simply playing golf. In addition to improving your game, you will be part of a close-knit community of like-minded people. Here are just a few reasons why our members love being a part of the FHCC family:
1. Broaden Social Circles
Country clubs provide an excellent opportunity for men, women and families to mingle in a casual setting while enjoying common interests. With a membership, you can maintain relationships consistently and have a common meeting point for social gatherings.
Friendly Hills Country Club offers various social events every month:
- Twilight golf is a fun, great event for all levels of golfers. Whether you are a beginner or advanced, Twilight golf is great way to play the game in a fun setting with family and friends.
- Once a week the club hosts Men’s Night where a buffet of gourmet food is set up in the Men’s locker room where the members can eat, socialize, play cards all after a round of golf.
- Once a month FHCC hosts a Men’s Smoker which allows members to invite guests and provides the perfect combination of competitive golf, socializing and a delicious three course meal waiting at the end of the round.
Food & Wine Events
- Every few months FHCC hosts a wine tasting that sells out quickly. Each wine is paired with an elegant dish that maximizes the flavor of the wine. The featured wine is also sold at a discount, which members love to take advantage of.
Friendly Hills Country Club Wine Tasting
- Formal dining is offered every Thursday and Friday evening. Casual dining is offered every day of the week. Members love to dine on the patio with the beautiful backdrop of the waterfall and lake.
- Additional dining experiences are also offered, such as an annual clambake, a chili cook off, murder mystery dinners, summer BBQ’s on the patio and much more.
Friendly Hills Country Club Family Camp Out on the Driving Range
This year, FHCC started its first annual family camp out where families get to pitch a tent on the driving range. The kids are entertained all day by plays sports such as soccer, football, volleyball and games. A BBQ dinner is served at the range and a bar is set up until 11 pm. The kids have a blast at a 12” round campfire roasting marshmallows and singing along with a hired acoustic guitarist. The families are greeted in the morning to the smell of fresh coffee and pancakes.
Every summer FHCC offers a sports camp where children ages 5 yrs. to 14 yrs. get the opportunity to learn and play golf, tennis and swim. They are served lunch and snacks every day. Staying active, building bonds with friends and eating kid friendly food, what more could child ask for?
Friendly Hills Country Club Easter Celebrate and Egg Hunt
Friendly Hills Country Club knows that spending time with family and friends is the most important part of a holiday. We take all the hard work and preparation out of the equation for you so you can relax and enjoy your company. We offer events all year long; New Year’s Eve with a live orchestra, Valentine’s Dinner Dance with live music, Easter Festivities, Mother’s Day Brunch, Father’s Day BBQ, Fourth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving Buffet, Christmas events such as a holiday brunch, breakfast with Santa, holiday sing along dinner buffet.
Friendly Hills Country Club 4th of July Celebration
2. Polish Your Golf Skills
With instant access to a golf course, many members say they see their game drastically improve after joining. Inevitably, you will begin seeing your abilities become more refined with each visit.
In addition to honing your skills, a membership to FHCC provides an opportunity for you to glean from the expertise and wisdom of other experienced players. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and form relationships with players you respect. Take advantage of the chance to ask about various techniques, forms, unfamiliar strategies, and more.
Friendly Hills Country Club hosts many golf events that help you take your game to the next level, such as Men’s Championship, Women’s Championship, Team Play against other country clubs, His and Hers Championship, Turkey Tournament, the Unicorn Tournament and even a Junior Club Championship. FHCC also frequently hosts demo days, where golfers can come and try out different golf clubs from brands such as Taylormade, Ping, Titleist, Golf Buddy, Callaway & Cleveland.
3. Family Oriented
Friendly Hills Country Club Swim & Dive Team
At FHCC there are so many activities for children to get involved in. Whether you are a parent looking for some extracurricular activities for your kids or you are a grandparent that helps gets involved with your grandchildren, Friendly Hills Country Club has a long list of sports and events that is sure to excite children of all ages. The overnight Camp Out, summer Sports Camp, family Twilight golf and holiday events were mentioned above. Aside from the social events, there are many sports:
- Friendly Hills Swim & Dive Team runs from May to the end of July. The Swim & Dive Team practice every evening Monday thru Friday and offer stroke clinics throughout the season. Many team bonding parties are organized over the summer, such as Kick Off party, “Dive In” Party where the kids watch a movie while floating in the pool, Coaches Appreciation Party, Finals Party, various Poster Parties and Awards Ceremony. Six meets are scheduled during the season and all team members are given the chance to compete is the Sunkist League Finals Championship.
- During the summer FHCC also offers a Junior Golf team where the children practice twice a week and play against children in their age groups from different country clubs. Depending on the child’s age, they either play a 4 hole, 9 hole or 18 hole round. A team party takes place during the season and an awards ceremony is organized at the end of the season.
- With a Tennis Pro on staff, learning the game of tennis is always an option if your child is interested. The tennis courts are available all week long for unlimited amounts of practice and lessons are available for scheduling upon request.
4. Enjoy Better Health
Our members rave about how their membership to FHCC is an excellent way to reduce stress and improve their health. Not only is golf a form of exercise, but they have full access to our gym that contains a variety of cardio machines, weight lifting machines, cable weights, free weights and more. They also have (4) tennis courts at their fingertips with a tennis pro on staff to provide lessons. A women’s tennis team gets together twice a week for tournaments and they organize many tennis related social events. Spending time connecting with family and friends is one of the biggest stress relievers of all. With an active lifestyle and fun social events to share with your loved ones, the wellness benefits are endless.
There are so many perks to becoming a member at FHCC. Our members thoroughly enjoy all the social event, the beautiful golf course and the ability to play so often, sharpening their golf skills, all the family activities to get involved in and the healthy lifestyle that the membership bring. If you are interested in learning more information about Friendly Hills Country Club please contact us (562) 698-0331 for more information!